Friday, January 2, 2009

Continental boarding pass--why make us guess?

I left Beijing on December 31, 2008, on Continental flight 88, nonstop to Newark Liberty. Great flight, but the information could have been clearer. All the boarding pass and reservation said was that my flight was leaving Beijing Capital Airport at 5 pm. Well, I got to the airport, went into Terminal 3, looked for Continental and didn't see them. I went to an information desk and guess what? I should have gone to Terminal 2 instead.

Fortunately, I had gotten to Terminal 3 at 2:15 pm, so I still had time to take the shuttle bus to Terminal 2. I checked in and boarded the flight.

Why couldn't the boarding pass simply have told me to go to Terminal 2 rather than 3? I realize that the gate assignment might not have been final. However, with an airport like Capital or JFK, where your terminal DOES matter (unlike, for example, Atlanta), knowing the terminal can save time and aggravation.

No comments:

Post a Comment